Friday, August 28, 2009

Spring is in the Air

It has been nearly 4 months of cold, wind and rain but the signs of spring coming to New Zealand have been very prominent this week. Lots of sun, warm weather into the 20's in some areas and little lambies in the pasture is very promising.

I have decided to make the most of this lovelly weather and headed up to Auckland for the week for a big training week. What was to follow was 5 days of some big miles in the hills South of Auckland and the Sea Bird Coast a favourite area of mine and yes Kirky I actually did see some this time.

I am 3 days in now and have just got back from 18Okm ride through the Hunua ranges. Tommorrow I am off into the country side again for 2.5 to 3hours run, so I am busy packing in the Calories and Leppin Endurance products to get me ready to hit it all guns balzing in the morning.

The weather has been fantastic so far I have even managed to get myself bit of a cyclists tan, lets hope it stays this way for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Good work mate. Sounds like you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe it...there is no way you saw any birds.

    ReplyDelete